Lexus Dealer Privacy Statement
By entering into this contract of sale, you agree and consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with these privacy terms.
Lexus of Brighton is part of the OneLexus network of Lexus organisations in Australia (each OneLexus organisation), comprising:
- authorised Lexus dealers in Australia;
- Toyota Motor Corporation Australia trading as “Lexus Australia” ABN 64 009 686 097 ("Lexus Australia"); and
- Toyota Finance Australia Limited trading as “Lexus Financial Services” ABN 48 002 435 181;
How Lexus of Brighton and OneLexus may use and disclose your information
Lexus of Brighton and other OneLexus organisations may collect, hold, use and share with each other your information for a variety of purposes including to:
- provide you an integrated OneLexus guest experience, such as sending you a “Welcome Pack” after vehicle purchase, and allowing you to be known across the network regardless of which OneLexus organisation you deal with;
- supply their products and services to you (including new and used vehicles, parts, accessories, warranties, vehicle servicing, repair, financial and insurance products, roadside assist);
- provide Automatic Collision Notification (ACN), Emergency Call (SOS), Stolen Vehicle Tracking (SVT) and other connected vehicle services (“Connected Services” ) which are enabled in your vehicle from time to time, if your vehicle is fitted with Connected Services functionality (for more on Connected Services, see below). Refer to your Owners’ Manual or Lexus.com.au/connectivity to confirm applicability to your vehicle;
- respond to and assist you with your enquiries;
- process payments;
- maintain records for product recall, vehicle trade-in, accounting and administration purposes;
- keep your information up to date;
- provide you with information, invitations and marketing communications about Lexus and/or OneLexus products, services and events that may be of interest to you (for more on Marketing, see below);
- obtain your feedback about products, services and events (including via surveys) and handle complaints; and
- meet regulatory and legal obligations; and
- use data in aggregated form to analyse vehicle and/or road safety, environmental and energy issues, advanced technologies and usage.
Lexus of Brighton and other OneLexus organisations may disclose your information to:
- their contractors or agents in Australia and overseas*, and Toyota Motor Corporation Japan (parent company of Lexus Australia and Lexus Financial Services), to fulfil any of the purposes above;
- Lexus entities overseas such as Toyota Connected Europe (in the UK) and Toyota Motors North America (in the USA) to support provision of Connected Services in Australia;
- financial institutions for payment purposes;
- other third parties so they can supply you with products or services you require; and
- government authorities, for example for vehicle registration and compulsory third party insurance purposes.
* Some of these contractors and agents are located overseas, including in Singapore, Japan, United States of America, United Kingdom and Sweden, and as a result your personal information may be disclosed overseas.
If you do not provide Lexus of Brighton particular information, Lexus of Brighton and/or other OneLexus organisations may not be able to consider your request, provide products or services to you or perform their warranty obligations.
If your vehicle is fitted with Connected Services functionality, your vehicle will collect and transmit vehicle data for Connected Services unless and until you opt out of Connected Services. Connected Services operate by using data collected from you and your Lexus connected vehicle, including your personal information and vehicle location.
If your vehicle’s Connected Services functionality is enabled, you must inform passengers and drivers of your vehicle that vehicle data is collected and used by the OneLexus network for Connected Services.
Marketing and Promotional Purposes
Lexus of Brighton and other OneLexus organisations (including their contractors/agents if any acting on their behalf) may send you marketing and information about Lexus products, services, special offers, promotions, surveys and events that may be of interest to you. Such marketing may include joint promotions with other promotion partners and may be sent to you using any contact details provided by you, such as post, phone, email or SMS.
Your consent to receive marketing communications from the OneLexus network in the above ways will be deemed to be ongoing if you do not opt out when you are offered the opportunity to do so, or unless and until you advise otherwise.
Access, accuracy and correction
To ensure the information the OneLexus Network holds about you is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant, we require that you notify us of the sale or transfer of your Lexus vehicle.
Lexus of Brighton
You can contact your Dealer using the details provided in this contract of sale, or as otherwise provided by Lexus of Brighton or its website.
Phone 1800 023 009
Email For product, service enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Lexus Customer Assistance Centre
PO Box 1676
North Sydney NSW 2059
Lexus Financial Services
Phone 1300 888 840
Post Lexus Insurance
PO Box 7212
Melbourne VIC 3004