Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ FAQs
How does it work?
What devices are compatible with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™?
Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™¹ are supported by the following devices:
- iPhone®² 5 or newer
- Minimum iOS 11
- Android™ Minimum Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Recommended Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
Which Lexus models have Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™?
Certain Lexus models will be fitted with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™¹ from the following dates:
- RX - From 23 October 2019
- ES - From 24 October 2019
For existing Lexus owners, a retrofit is available for $249 on the following models and respective productions dates:
- ES - 4 July 2018 onwards
- LC - 27 March 2017 onwards
- LS - 8 January 2018 onwards
- RC - 27 November 2017 onwards
- RC F - 27 November 2017 onwards
- NX - 1 September 2017 onwards
- UX - 5 October 2018 onwards
Contact your dealer to organise a retrofit. Find your dealer at lexus.com.au/contact/find-a-dealer
Help and Support
1. Requires compatible device, USB connection, mobile data, network reception & GPS signal. Mobile usage at user’s cost. Apps subject to change. For details see lexus.com.au/connectivity. CarPlay® is a trademark of Apple, Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android Autoᵀᴹ is a trademark of Google LLC. Indicative image(s) only.
2. iPhone® is a trademark of Apple, Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Compatibility and functionality varies depending on device.